zEUs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hookah

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pibby

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Hookah Empty
PostSubject: Hookah   Hookah Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:29 am

was wondering if anyone else smoked using a hookah.

im one of the biggest forum whores on another site with it but i got banned finally. they banned some guy for no reason other than he was selling stuff cheaper than the other vendors and they bitched. i brought up a lot of shit and everyone saw it as wrong and for that i was out haha. so starting on a now forum and was wondering if anyone else here does it.
Back to top Go down
John
Elvis

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Hookah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hookah   Hookah Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:16 am

I have no idea what any of that means, but Sidi probably does.
Back to top Go down
Pibby

Hookah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hookah   Hookah Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:37 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah

A hookah (Hindustani: हुक़्क़ा / حقّہ huqqa) is a single or multi-stemmed, often glass-based, water pipe device for smoking; originating in India,[1][2] it gained fame in the Arab World when it traveled from Persia to Arabia. A hookah operates by water-filtration and indirect heat. It can be used for smoking many substances, such as herbal fruits and tobacco. Depending on locality, hookahs are known as other names, such as a shisha/sheesha, water pipe, nargeela/nargile/narghile/nargileh/narguilé, argeela/arghileh/arguilé, okka, kalyan, gewat suckre, or ghelyoon/ghalyan. Many of these names are of Arab, Indian, Turkish, Uzbek, or Persian origin. Narghile (نارگيله) is from the Persian word nārgil (نارگیل) or "coconut", and in Sanskrit nārikela (नारीकेल) and it was made out of coconut shells.[3] Shisha (شيشة) is from the Persian word shishe (شیشه, literally translated as glass and not bottle), and is primarily used for water pipes in Egypt and the Arab countries of the Gulf (such as Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE, and Saudi Arabia). Hashish (حشيش) is an Arabic word for grass(marijuana), which may have been another way of saying cannabis resin. Another source states, "In early Arabic texts, the term hashish referred not only to cannabis resin but also to the dried leaves or flower heads and sweetmeats made with them".[4] Hookah itself may stem from Arabic uqqa, meaning small box, pot, or jar. Both names refer to the original methods of constructing the smoke/water chamber part of the hookah.

some look pretty like this one
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/06/Syrian_Chiller_hookah.jpg

just a fun way to relax and smoke some tobacco. fun social thing to do with friends also. my "friends" are over the chat room though haha
Back to top Go down
Kenni

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Hookah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hookah   Hookah Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:25 am

pibs!
Back to top Go down
Pibby

Hookah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hookah   Hookah Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:29 am

sup kenni, hows it goiny my favorite drg
Back to top Go down
Sidi

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Hookah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hookah   Hookah Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:12 am

lol John -_-
But yes, here in the states we do know how to party. Of course I've smoked out of a hookah, its a brilliant device for smokers of all sorts out there. Funny that they didn't mention one of the main herbs smoked out of hookahs though, marijuana. bounce cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Koosjuh
delvl king #2
Koosjuh

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-07-04

Hookah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hookah   Hookah Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:36 am

a hookah is basicly a bong

"Armenian priest relaxing with a hookah in Jerusalem." <- from Wikipedia but since when can priests get hookers! a HOOKAH
Back to top Go down
Pibby

Hookah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hookah   Hookah Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:27 am

actually to smoke weed you need direct heat on it. hookah works (the way it is now) by indirect heat of a coal on foil which essentially bakes the tobacco. so doesnt work to smoke weed well. snoop dog is looking to have a weed flavored shisha made haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hookah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hookah   Hookah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hookah
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
zEUs :: zEUs Public :: General Discussion-
Jump to: